Data Privacy Statement of Lovato Electric Corporation
Lovato Electric corporation may modify this Privacy Statement as needed.
Lovato Electric Corporation reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement as needed, for example, to comply with evolutions in laws, regulations, Lovato Electric practices and procedures, or requests by supervisory authorities.
In this case, Lovato Electric will inform individuals who are impacted of material changes in this Privacy Statement. Lovato Electric will post new versions on relevant internal and external websites.
Why this Privacy Statement?
Lovato Electric is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information. This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of how your personal information is protected. You should read it before accessing Lovato Electric content.
Lovato Electric strongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws.
This Privacy Statement describes how Lovato Electric processes and protects the personal information of individuals who use our websites and other digital content as well as in the context of our offline business activities.
Lovato Electric is a global company, with legal entities, business processes, management organizations, and a system infrastructure that crosses borders. This Privacy Statement applies to Lovato Electric Corp and data processing activities run by our wholly owned subsidiaries, including product and service offerings and digital content (e.g. websites, applications, tutorials, e-training, newsletters, advertising, communication). It may, however, be supplemented by a more specific privacy notice/statement/policy (“statement”) or even superseded by another statement specific to a particular Lovato Electric program, product, service, content or entity. It is important that you read the statements made available to you for your full information.
Any order made by you online is also subject to the terms and conditions provided on the relevant sites. You must read them.
3. Why Do We Collect and Use Personal Information?
We use your personal information for various purposes including to fulfill your orders and requests, to manage our relationship, conduct surveys, improve our products, services, online content as well as your user journey, manage your account and the programs you join, analyze the activities on our websites, run our marketing activities, provide you with contextual and targeted advertising, ensure the security of our activities, protect against fraud and, more generally, run our business activities.
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide our customers and other users with superior service and a smooth, efficient and personalized experience while using our digital content.
Lovato Electric collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill orders of products, services and digital content. We collect this information to deliver your order, to obtain payment, to communicate with you about the status of your order and for contract management purposes.
- To address your requests for information. If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including personal information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide you better service in the event you contact us again.
- To provide you with the technical support you request from us. Personal information is necessary to identify your systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions.
- For relationship management purposes. It includes communicating with you about the products, services and digital content you have acquired to ensure you use them in the best way possible, including via emails and newsletters. For instance, location data may be used to suggest sources of products or support near you.
- To manage your account. When you register, we use your personal information to give you access to digital content and our services, authenticate you and interact with you about it.
- To provide you, through pop-ups, banners, video, emails and any other advertising format, with certain communications and/or targeted advertising about our products and services (or of our subsidiaries). For instance:
• we may provide you with contextual advertising or other content, based on the content of the visited webpage or other information we have about you, when you navigate through our digital content;
• the digital content; and also
• third-party websites or apps that have no link to our digital content. The advertising on these third-party websites may include advertising about Lovato Electric
- To ensure the security of our products, services and digital content of our activities and of others, for the protection against fraud and the compliance with our terms and conditions and this Privacy Statement. We may also investigate potential breaches.
We will indicate it as the case may be. If you do not provide this information, you may not enjoy all or part of such digital content.
This Privacy Statement does not cover personal information rendered anonymous, that is if individuals are no longer identifiable or are identifiable only with a disproportionately large expense in time, cost, or labor. If anonymized data becomes identifiable, then this Privacy Statement shall apply.
In most instances we collect this information directly from you or your employer who has a business relationship with us. We may also obtain information through a reseller or a business partner, by purchasing customer lists from marketing agencies, from your online browsing experience, from social networks when you connect with these network’s credentials and through Cookies (see our Cookie Notice). You may obtain more precise information on the third-party source of personal information (if any) by contacting us at the email address indicated in section 9.
While Lovato Electric strives to protect your personal information, providing it online on a shared forum is not risk-free. If you post, comment, indicate interest, or share personal information, including photographs, to any forum, social network, blog, or other such forum, please be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor Lovato Electric have control over. Lovato Electric is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. You should apply caution before deciding to share information about yourself or another person.
Who Do We Share Personal Information With?
We share personal information with the Lovato Electric subsidiaries and the service providers involved in our activities, with advertising and marketing agencies, with social networks if you use their login credentials, with third-party websites if you register with Lovato Electric credentials, competent regulatory bodies and authorities and business successors.
Lovato Electric is a global group of companies which works as one. The teams which serve you may work for different subsidiaries. We believe that it is in our legitimate interest as well as in your interest that we share your personal information with Lovato Electric subsidiaries on a need to know basis to carry out the data processing activities described in this Privacy Statement, for example for customer relationship management, sales or product support, marketing, product development purposes, improvement of the products, services and digital content, data quality checks, or security, regulatory and compliance purposes.
We resort to service providers to carry out data processing activities and to provide our products, services and online content to you. These service providers include, without limitation, providers of hosting facilities, information systems, marketing agencies, IT support, security services, financial services, carriers who deliver products, outside accounting firms, lawyers and auditors.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to a third party without your permission.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Lovato Electric complies with widely recognized key data protection principles (fairness, purpose limitation, data quality, data retention, compliance with individuals’ rights, security) and takes reasonable measures for the security of personal information.
Lovato Electric respects the privacy rights and interests of individuals. Lovato Electric subsidiaries will observe the following principles when processing your personal information:
1. Processing personal information fairly and lawfully.
2. Collecting personal information for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing it further in ways incompatible with those purposes.
3. Collecting personal information which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render information anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses.
4. Maintaining accurate personal information, and where necessary, keeping it up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
5. Keeping personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed. ;
6. Processing personal information in accordance with individuals’ legal rights.
7. Taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information.
8. When processing sensitive personal information, ensuring appropriate notice and consent or that the processing otherwise complies with applicable la.
We offer the use of a secure server to enable you to place orders or access your account information. We implement access control measures for our internal systems that hold personal information. Authorized users are given access to such systems through the use of a unique identifier and password. Access to personal information is provided to our staff for the sole purpose of performing their job duties. We sensitize our employees on proper use and handling of personal information. Our service providers are also required to maintain security measures similar to ours.
We implement security measures to determine the identity of registered users, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for these users. If you are a registered user, we use both logins and passwords to authenticate you. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your login credentials.
By using our digital content or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically or otherwise about related security, privacy, use and administrative issues. In spite of our efforts to implement appropriate security measures, online browsing carries inherent risks and we cannot guarantee that it is risk-free.
What Are Your Rights?
You can request access to your personal information and request it to be amended or deleted if inaccurate. You can always object to direct marketing.
Lovato Electric will comply with your rights to access and correct your personal information. You may inquire as to the nature of the personal information stored or processed about you by any Lovato Electric entity and you will be given access to your personal information regardless of the location of the data processing and storage.
If personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that it be amended.
Requests may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You always have the right to object to our marketing communications. Your prior consent is sought when required by applicable law. To opt out of emails, simply use the functionality provided at the bottom of any email we send you.
How Long Will Personal Information Be Retained?
We will retain your personal information for as long as the information is needed for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement and for any additional period that may be required or permitted by law. More precise information is provided in privacy notices applicable to specific digital content. In general, data retention periods are determined taking into consideration:
• The duration of our relationship (e.g. contract performance duration, account de-activation, your legitimate need to be recognized when you contact us)
• Legal requirements for keeping data
• Statute of limitations
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user's hard drive. It is generated by a webpage server, which is essentially the computer that operates a website. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tells a website when the user has returned. We may also use other similar technologies (e.g. pixel tags, web beacons...) when you visit our websites and use our mobile applications, which seek information stored on your device. For purposes of this notice, all such technologies are referred to as “Cookies”.
Third-party cookies for analytics purpose
In order to provide our visitors with a better service, we measure the number of page views, the number of visits, the different actions performed by visitors on our site, the geo-location of our visitors and the number of times visitors return to our site. For this purpose, we use Google Analytics.
Google Analytics information
This website also uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Last update: June 6, 2022